The needs of the hungry in the Waynesboro/East Augusta communities and worldwide are greater than ever! Join us for the annual Waynesboro/East Augusta CROP Hunger Walk on Sunday, September 25 at Ridgeview Park, 700 S. Magnolia Avenue, Waynesboro, VA 22980. Invite your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers to join you as we walk together to end poverty and hunger in our community and around the world.
Preparing for the Walk:
- Register and set up your team page online so you don’t have to handle cash and checks.
- Attend the CROP Walk Kick-off meeting on:
- Sunday, August 14th – 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 473 W. Wayne Avenue, Waynesboro, VA 22980. Learn about the local and global needs and impact of the CROP Walk, meet other hunger champions, and pick up brochures, bulletin inserts, and other promotional materials for the walk.
- Set your fundraising goal and recruit walkers and sponsors to support you.
Instructions for Walk Donations:
- Please encourage walkers to donate online so you don’t have to handle cash and checks.
- For walkers who choose to write a check, please make all checks payable to CWS/CROP. You may bring checks to the walk.
- Please keep track of walkers who give you cash donations, so they get credited by the treasurer for their donations. Convert all cash donations to a money order payable to CWS/CROP and include them in your report to the Walk Treasurer.
Twenty-five percent of CROP funds remain in our community to support local hunger-fighting organizations. Seventy-five percent of donations will be used by Church World Service to support its global hunger, humanitarian aid, and disaster response programs in 30+ countries.
Together we can make a big difference in the lives of our neighbors locally and globally.